- Breakfast is one of the most important meals, and this is even more important for teenagers that need the nutrients and minerals in order to supplement their growing bodies. Eating healthy in the morning will give you more energy to cope with your lessons and activities and will keep your stomach full until launch time. If you think about it, all it takes to eat breakfast in the morning is to wake up 10 minutes earlier. Once you make it a habit everything else will be easier and you will feel better and healthier.
- Stop drinking soda and sugary drinks. This is possibly the single most effective of the weight loss tips for teenagers. Stop drinking soda and start drinking water. The average teenager consumes at least 3-4 glasses of soda daily. This is about 400-500 calories a day, not to mention the amount of sugar that you put into your system.
- Drinking water to lose weight is a staple for any weight loss or weight management program. And just think of what missing those 400-500 calories will do over the course of a week, or a month.
- Take a cup of coffee before doing your activities can help you burn more calories. However, it would be better if you don’t put sugar on your coffee.
- Reduce your sugar intake. It is recommended that you eat food that offers less than 5 milligrams of sugar per serving. Eating much sugar is not good since you will only want more.
- White bread has been shown to cause stomach distension. Try whole grain instead. It’s high in healthy fibres too.
- Large quantities of pasta will see you pile on the pounds. Try to keep any portions small.
- Believe yourself that you can change. This feeling gives you positive energy when you are trying to lose weight. Thus, you will be more enthusiastic during your effort in losing weight.
These are all great tips for you to achieve your weight loss goals. You need to be careful when trying to lose weight. Too much weight loss too soon can lead to serious health problems.